Hey fellow adventurers,
I'm venturing around in Lorne, Victoria, oZTRAILIA. Just went for a stroll to the local grocer and brought cheese. It was good.
Hi - Milly here... i wrote the bit above but now I have to write this bit. I'm a friend of Stavros and we'll all visiting our friend Brij who you'll hear from shortly. Lorne is a really lovely beach town along the Great Ocean Road. Unfortunately it's quite cold at the moment... Last night we had a feast fit for a king- lazagne, cous cous salad, lamb, haloumi cheese, dips, and more cheese! Fruit salad for dessert with ice cream & cream for dessert! - We then played Trivial Pursuit - for hours and hours... What was the first animal dissected in space? - a rat... and yes my team lost even though we had an additional brain... argh!
I'd better go ... and ... here is your host - Stavros Tziortzis! make him welcome!!!
Hi people, Stavros here
Well that was Milly, the former VUSU president... as Miklly said we are in Lorne visiting Brijlata. How boring being on holidays and spending time on the computer! But anyway I have the opportunity to announce a few innovations to the club for next year:
1. Operate in Victoria Univertsity as an unofficial travel agent for interior tourism... trips around Australia and New Zealand. We will look forward to a partnership bertween the club and other tour organisaers such as 'OZexperience' and 'Adventure tour Australia'.
2. To develop a network of students where students are able to find fellow students through the club and organize there own trips. We can advertise weekly on the online university notice board as well as have a noticeboard in all campuses where our members can post their own messages for trips etc.
3. Seek sponsorhip to buy new equipment for trips, make banners for the club and and organise bigger and better events.
Hi! I'm Kelli and I have also come along for the Bridge/Lorne ride! Being from California, I adore the coast. The Victorian coastline is spectacular, and each and every time I emerge from the fragrant gum forest and catch that first view of turquoise ocean smiling back at me, an instantanious feeling of giddyness overwhelms my body as I begin scanning the horizon for movement beyond the waves . . . whales, dolphins, eagles, pirate ships; practicalling anything that crosses my mind at that time. For me, the Australian coast is comfort - particuallary becuase it encourages me to throw practicallity to the wind and dream myself away!
Ok, flashback to two days ago. Me: sitting in front of the computer viewing the 'light rain' forecast for the next two days. 'Hmmm,' I thought to myself. After watching the weather closely for the next two days, I consulted Stavros and it was deemed that 'light rain' is indeed more desirable than 'rain' and so we decided to proceed with our camping trip to Lorne. I should just say, Adventure Club or not, I absolutly hate camping in the rain. I now beleive this is a product of being a dependent child with parents who enjoyed a little more adventure in their camping than had I. Anyhow, what began as a soggy camping trip ended with good food, great company, cold beers, Trival Pursuit and a warm living room floor. Now that is my kind of adventure! But, never the quitter, we will move forward with our camping today (albeit, on dry ground).
I'm venturing around in Lorne, Victoria, oZTRAILIA. Just went for a stroll to the local grocer and brought cheese. It was good.
Hi - Milly here... i wrote the bit above but now I have to write this bit. I'm a friend of Stavros and we'll all visiting our friend Brij who you'll hear from shortly. Lorne is a really lovely beach town along the Great Ocean Road. Unfortunately it's quite cold at the moment... Last night we had a feast fit for a king- lazagne, cous cous salad, lamb, haloumi cheese, dips, and more cheese! Fruit salad for dessert with ice cream & cream for dessert! - We then played Trivial Pursuit - for hours and hours... What was the first animal dissected in space? - a rat... and yes my team lost even though we had an additional brain... argh!
I'd better go ... and ... here is your host - Stavros Tziortzis! make him welcome!!!
Hi people, Stavros here
Well that was Milly, the former VUSU president... as Miklly said we are in Lorne visiting Brijlata. How boring being on holidays and spending time on the computer! But anyway I have the opportunity to announce a few innovations to the club for next year:
1. Operate in Victoria Univertsity as an unofficial travel agent for interior tourism... trips around Australia and New Zealand. We will look forward to a partnership bertween the club and other tour organisaers such as 'OZexperience' and 'Adventure tour Australia'.
2. To develop a network of students where students are able to find fellow students through the club and organize there own trips. We can advertise weekly on the online university notice board as well as have a noticeboard in all campuses where our members can post their own messages for trips etc.
3. Seek sponsorhip to buy new equipment for trips, make banners for the club and and organise bigger and better events.
Hi! I'm Kelli and I have also come along for the Bridge/Lorne ride! Being from California, I adore the coast. The Victorian coastline is spectacular, and each and every time I emerge from the fragrant gum forest and catch that first view of turquoise ocean smiling back at me, an instantanious feeling of giddyness overwhelms my body as I begin scanning the horizon for movement beyond the waves . . . whales, dolphins, eagles, pirate ships; practicalling anything that crosses my mind at that time. For me, the Australian coast is comfort - particuallary becuase it encourages me to throw practicallity to the wind and dream myself away!
Ok, flashback to two days ago. Me: sitting in front of the computer viewing the 'light rain' forecast for the next two days. 'Hmmm,' I thought to myself. After watching the weather closely for the next two days, I consulted Stavros and it was deemed that 'light rain' is indeed more desirable than 'rain' and so we decided to proceed with our camping trip to Lorne. I should just say, Adventure Club or not, I absolutly hate camping in the rain. I now beleive this is a product of being a dependent child with parents who enjoyed a little more adventure in their camping than had I. Anyhow, what began as a soggy camping trip ended with good food, great company, cold beers, Trival Pursuit and a warm living room floor. Now that is my kind of adventure! But, never the quitter, we will move forward with our camping today (albeit, on dry ground).

1 Comments:
Way to go guys, I feel so jealous you went without me!
By
george, at 12/20/2006 5:58 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home